La Petite Baleen Swim Schools in Redwood City
60 Fifth Ave, Redwood City, Ca. 94063 650-562-6355
Hours of operation
Monday 1:00 pm - 8:00 pm
Tuesday - Thursday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
Friday 9:15 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday 8:30 am - 6:00 pm
View Class Schedule
Scroll to view class schedule for our Redwood City location.
From Infants to Adults: Trusted Swim Classes for All Ages
Opened in 2013, our newest facility in the La Petite Baleen Swim Schools lineup is located in-between Redwood City and Atherton, CA. Our indoor 24' x 50' 90-degree pool holds a maximum of six swim classes at a time on both the half and quarter-hour. There are five on-deck rinse-off stations, separate changing rooms for men and women, and private changing stalls for children 6 and older. Plus, there are comfortable areas on the pool deck and a viewing room, so you don’t miss any of the poolside action. We take pride in offering fun, safe swimming lessons for kids of all ages in Redwood City, CA.
One of the Best Swimming Curriculums in California
If you or your child need help learning to swim, choose the swimming classes kids and adults in Redwood City, CA have put their trust in for years. Water can be scary for children or adults, but our expert staff will teach you how to be safe, have fun, and move smoothly in the water. Our curriculum is one of the best in the state for both children and adults. We’re able to teach people aged 2 months or older how to enjoy the water. We also offer specialty classes, including aquatic fitness, competition preparation, and more. No matter what your needs are, La Petite Baleen Swim Schools will do our best to accommodate them and prepare you for the water adventures that lie ahead.
Why Do We Enjoy Teaching Kids & Adults How to Swim?
With four San Francisco Bay Area swim schools, La Petite Baleen relishes in being able to teach kids and adults how to swim. We find it rewarding for a variety of reasons, including:
- Saves Lives – The greatest reason we get fulfillment from what we do here is the knowledge that we help save lives. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that as many as 10 people die from drowning every day and at least 20% of those deaths are children under the age of 14. While it’s true your child could still drown even if they know how to swim, their chances for survival are increased with the skills we teach.
- Teaches Perseverance – Because our swimming lessons for kids are progressive, they allow children to work toward goals and learn how to be perseverant in the process. The earlier your child learns that practice and hard work pay off in the long term, the more well-rounded they’ll be later on in life.
- Boosts Self-Esteem – With every stroke they take in the water, your child’s self-esteem and confidence will grow by leaps and bounds. Overcoming fears and anxieties early will help them become more open to new possibilities. We offer swim classes for infants and toddlers, as well as older kids and adults, so it’s never too early or too late to learn how to swim.
- Encourages Learning – Learning how to swim in a relaxed, stimulating environment teaches your child that learning can be fun and engaging. Swim classes help kids develop physically, cognitively, and socially. The brain responds to various stimuli to promote thinking and communication while your child learns how to interact with others.
- Brings Families Together – Swimming is a fantastic way to bring families together. It promotes physical activity as being something worthwhile and entertaining to help build healthy lifelong habits. Swimming is an excellent low-impact cardiovascular exercise that benefits the entire body. It’s no wonder that so many individuals and families take pleasure in learning how to swim at our swim schools!
Redwood City Attractions for Families Who Enjoy the Water
Located south of San Francisco, Redwood City, CA is a beautiful place with lots to see and do. One of our favorite attractions is Filoli, an impressive historical estate and botanical garden that offers tours. Pulgas Water Temple is also a stunning landmark for water lovers located at the head of a calm pool featuring lovely creeks. The San Mateo County History Museum is another excellent spot to check out, with its grand stature and educational atmosphere. If you’re looking for something unique to do with the family, you should check out Segway Polo. Redwood City is steeped in history, beauty, and attractions that your whole family will love. We’re also close to San Francisco, San Jose, and Palo Alto, CA, opening the possibilities for more attractions and sights if you’re willing to go for a short drive. A beacon of California’s natural beauty, we encourage you to explore everything our incredible town has to offer.
Don’t miss out on water fun. Call (650) 562-6355 or fill out our online form to register for swim classes in Redwood City, CA today!