La Petite Baleen Swim Schools in San Francisco
933 Mason St, San Francisco, CA. 94129 415-653-0491
Hours of operation
Monday - Friday 8:30 am - 8:00 pm
Saturday - Sunday 9:00 am - 8:00 pm
View class schedule
Scroll to view class schedule for our San Francisco location.
Swim Classes San Francisco Bay Area Residents Enjoy
Opened in 2008, La Petite Baleen’s largest facility is located on Crissy Field, in the historic Presidio district of San Francisco, CA. We have two indoor pools heated to 90 degrees. Our baby pool is 20' x 40' feet, and our large pool is 30' x 60' feet. Our San Francisco swim school offers up to 11 classes at a time on both the half and quarter-hour. There’s a large on-deck rinse-off area, separate changing areas, and private changing stalls, as well as on-deck and off-deck viewing for spectators. We pride ourselves on teaching children and adults of all ages with the swim classes San Francisco Bay Area residents enjoy.
Swimming Classes for Infants, Toddlers, and Children
Whatever you or your children’s swimming needs are, La Petite Baleen Swim Schools can meet them and exceed your expectations at the same time. Our award-winning swimming class curriculum will have you and your little ones swimming confidently before you know it. All of our professional staff members are expertly trained so your children will be in the safest hands while learning to love the water.
If your child needs to learn how to swim, we offer infant, toddler, and kids’ swimming classes San Francisco residents laud as being excellent, with a fun, safe learning experience that will have children looking forward to coming back. Our baby swim classes usually begin with acclimating them to the water, teaching them how to blow bubbles and to feel comfortable with having their head submerged under water. From there, we build on the techniques completely at your child’s pace. Our goal is to keep them engaged throughout the learning process to take the fear and anxiety out of being in the water.
Adult Swim Classes for Competitive Training and Fitness
If you’re the one interested in learning how to swim, dive right in! We strive to ensure that our adult swim classes are stimulating and fun. We also offer specialty classes, so if you need to gear up for a swimming competition or you want to work on your fitness, we can meet your needs. With group, semi-private, and private sessions available, find your swimming home with the swimming lessons San Francisco residents know to be among the best.
The Many Benefits of Teaching Your Child How to Swim
Learning how to swim saves lives. Every day, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) estimates that as many as 10 people die from drowning and at least 20% of those deaths are linked to children under the age of 14. However, there are many other benefits of teaching your child how to swim, including the following:
- Improves Confidence – Many children are afraid of the water at first. Learning how to swim helps alleviate some of their fear and anxiety while building their confidence levels. If your child successfully conquers their fear of the water, this newly-found confidence can translate into overcoming other obstacles. Behind every successful swimmer is a strong foundation.
- Develops Social Skills – Learning how to swim with their peers is beneficial for developing your child’s social skills. If your child isn’t of school age yet, swimming classes serve as a great way to introduce them to a learning environment with other kids while demonstrating that learning can be both fun and exhilarating.
- Boosts Cognitive Skills – Swimming stimulates all five of a person’s senses: touch, sound, sight, smell, and even taste if you accidentally swallow water while being submerged. If you stimulate all of your child’s senses, it helps boost cognitive and emotional development while also encouraging communication.
- Promotes Stress Relief – Like most physical activities, swimming can be a fantastic source of stress relief because it increases the release of endorphins (chemicals that boost your mood) in your brain. Children who learn how to swim are more likely to enjoy swimming and other forms of exercise as healthy stress relievers later on in life.
- Goal Accomplishment – Swimming lessons are progressive, meaning your child will learn how to set goals and accomplish them. Reaching goals and receiving positive reinforcement from our swim instructors can do wonders for your child’s self-esteem.
San Francisco Bay Area Residents Love Being Near the Water
One thing is for certain: San Francisco Bay Area residents love being near the water. If you’re new to the area or visiting on vacation, don’t miss out on the excellent aquatic attractions this city has to offer. The infamous Alcatraz Island prison is located just offshore, where you can receive free tours of the prison and learn about its dark history. Crissy Field itself is also a huge attraction, providing grassy fields, sandy beaches, restored marshes, and spectacular views of the Golden Gate Bridge. Another great attraction is the Sea Lion Center, where hundreds of sea lions bathe in the sun. This is just the tip of the iceberg of attractions that this water-based city has to offer.
Prepare yourself for any adventure with our swimming lessons for kids and adults. Call (415) 653-0491 or fill out our online form to register for swim classes in San Francisco today!